We’re starting some online group repique sessions, aimed at advanced repique players in Australia and abroad. The goal is to facilitate self-improvement, expand knowledge, and build community in an interactive format. The classes will be taught by Rob Arcari.
11am – 12:15pm every Sunday in September 2021 (Melbourne time – UTC+10)
- WEEK 1 – 5/9/21
- WEEK 2 – 12/9/21
- WEEK 3 – 19/9/21
- WEEK 4 – 26/9/21
- A weekly 75 min group session over 4 weeks .
- Each week we will look at a different aspect/rhythm of the instrument, all using the technique used within Rio’s Escolas de Samba (ie wooden stick and hand).
- We’ll be looking at chops, phrases and exercises to improve playing
- Group will be for advanced players only, by Australian standards. Participants are expected to have control of the key sounds utilised by each hand, and to have knowledge of the basic samba pattern and chamada (entrance call).
- Scores provided for material covered
- Chance to connect with similar minded people, and share in open discussion, both in the classes and in a forum created for the participants.
- Classes will take place over zoom
- Small group size
$80AUD for 4 weeks
Purchase your ticket here using our Paypal portal. If you’d rather pay by bank transfer please get in touch for details.
If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to get in touch. Looking forward to playing with you all!